What is FurryMate.com?
FurryMate.com is your premier Furry dating and relationship community.
When was FurryMate.com created?
FurryMate.com was created in early 2011, in Montreal, Canada. We reached out to our community, gathered feedback and created what you see today. We continue to encourage feedback as we believe our services can always be improved.
Why can't I read my messages and do you have to pay to use FurryMate Furry Dating Site?
The website is 100% free to join, however, some additional features require payment.
Why do you charge for your service?
We charge for a number of reasons: developer costs, design costs, server costs, marketing, advertising, keeping our site ad free, and great customer support. In addition, paying for dating services encourages only those looking for serious relationships to join.
Can I message other members for free?
You can send unlimited messages.
What separates FurryMate from any other Dating Site?
At FurryMate we exclusively provide services for people involved in the Furry Fandom. Unlike other large sites, we give you the ability to reach out to other people who share your interests! We believe that sharing interests with the people you interact with will give you a much greater potential to find your match. Don't believe us? Check out our Success Stories link in the footer of this page!
Do you accept other payment methods other that PayPal and Ccbill?
At the moment we only accept PayPal and Ccbill. It's a secure, fast and an easy way to pay. Keep in mind that PayPal and Ccbill also accepts prepaid debit and prepaid credit cards.
I do not want to pay with PayPal or Ccbill, how can I get a subscription?
Please contact us and we will find a solution.
What happens once I purchase a subscription?
You will receive a confirmation email from PayPal or Ccbill confirming your order. Don't forget to check your spam or junk mail folder. When you log into your account, you will have paid features. If you have any issues, please contact us.
What will the charge appear as on my statement?
The charge will appear as Paypal*FurryMate or Ccbill.com.
How come my profile photo or albums are not showing up on my profile right after upload the pictures?
All photos are subject to a review process to assure that they are complying with our terms of service. You photos will typically be posted within 12 hours, but no more than 24 hours.
How old do I have to be to join?
We only accept members that are 18 or older.
I see a someone who looks suspicious on the site, what do I do?Please contact us as soon as possible.
1) Go to the member's profile
2) Go to the "Report" button and select the appropriate subject in the drop down menu
Do you allow any explicit/YIFF/cub content?
We do not allow any explicit content on our website. If you post explicit content on your profile, it will be removed and we will send you a warning message. Your account may be banned if these activities are repeated. If you ever notice any members posting explicit content, please report it to us as soon as possible.
How do I create an album?
1) Go to the main tab titled Media
2) Select Pictures
3) Select Create Album
4) Write a brief description regarding your album and select who can view the album (friends or everyone)
5) Then upload photo
What are the photo restrictions?
1) Image size: 2000kb
2) 190 width & 100 height
How can I contact you?
We welcome all feedback, comments and suggestions. You can reach us by using the "contact us" link at the bottom of each page. You can also tweet us or even write on our Facebook wall. We will get back to you as soon as possible, normally within 30 hours or less.
How do I cancel my free account?
Simply go to the settings tab, then go to the privacy section. If you have a paid membership, these instructions do not apply to you.
How do I cancel my paid account?
Please contact us and we will cancel your paid account for you. We will respond to you within 30 hours or less. If you are subscribed with Paypal, please provide us with your PayPal email address that you used to create the subscription. If you paid with Ccbill, please provide us with the email address that you used to create your subscription or your subscription ID. A subscription ID is a 19 digit order number which is also knows as a confirmation number for your order. You can find it from your confirmation email from Ccbill.
If I ever cancel my paid subscription, can I keep my free account?
Absolutely, of course you can!
If I ever cancel my account, can I re-open it in the future?
Yes, we will be more than happy to have you back! Send us an email from the account that your profile is associated with, along with your username. Once we verify that we have all the right information, your account will be active.
How do I reset my password?
All you have to do is go here: http://furrymate.com/dating/account/lostpass/
Can I change my username?
Of course you can. Email us with your request.
Where can I see your success testimonials?We have lots of happy couples that found their match! Check out our Success Stories section.
Do you have a YouTube video with all of the couples that met?We sure do, here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR2DeeJLjh0
I found a mate how can I spread the good news?
Contact us with your success testimonial or post the great news on our Facebook wall. We would love to hear about the good news, and let our other members hear about your journey on FurryMate. With your consent we will post your story on our Facebook page, our blog, and on Twitter.
Can you recommend some internet dating tips?
1. Always use good judgement and take precautionary measures when communicating and/or meeting any stranger.
2. Your dating profile should never list your full or last name, personal e-mail address, home address, home or cell number, where you work, or any other private personal information that could make it easy to identify you. Always use caution in giving out any personal information in your private messages. Never continue to communications with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information, or attempts, in any way, to trick you into revealing it. Please report such incidents to our customer service department.
3. If you decide to have a real meeting with another member from our dating site, always tell a friend or family member where you are going and when you will be back. Always plan first meetings in a public well lighted area, where other people are nearby. Never give a stranger your personal address or invite them to your home. Always provide your own personal transportation to and from the date.
4. Please be advised that FurryMate does not conduct criminal background checks or screening. Anyone who is able to commit identity theft can also set up a fake dating profile.
Still have unanswered questions?
Don't be shy! Contact us anytime with your inquiry. We are here to help you. You can reach us by using the "contact us" link at the bottom of each page.